Warning: This may be a complete "need to get this off my heart/mind" post.
My previous blogs have been as a result of a devotional book that I started January 1. I am reading and dwelling upon the passages in this book daily and am absolutely AMAZED at how God is speaking to me through this. I mean, I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised. He truly knows what I'm going through and speaks to me in a way that I'll listen.
The last week or so has been rough. I've been sick all year (haha, sounds funny to say that). School has brought more drama in the last week than I want to deal with in a year or even teaching career. Worry about the future and doubt has set in. My house still hasn't sold, thus causing anxiety over my living situation right now (including a call from my landlord). Loneliness.
I have been very diligent in my prayer time, devotional time, walk with Christ. Does anyone else ever feel that the more you lean on Him and grow in your relationship, the more the world throws upon you? I know, I know. "Take heart, I have overcome the world..." it's encouraging, and I'm not saying that He will let me down and not help me through this. I feel like I'm trusted with more. I'm challenged with more. I'm brought to a point to say, "Yeah, God, I can't do this." Which I'm sure is the point...
Enough ranting and raving. I just want to put today's entire devotional on here for all to read. I can't even summarize this. I just bawled my eyes out reading it. This is from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. If you listen to K-Love, they have been reading excerpts of this devotional daily. I am going to enter my own thoughts and connections that I reflected on while reading. Here we go, January 9:
"I am with you and for you. When you decide on a course of action that is in line with My will (moving to KY), nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you (selling my house). You may encounter many obstacles as you move toward your goal (being confused about living here), but don't be discouraged -- never give up! With My help, you can overcome any obstacle. Do not expect an easy path (people are cruel) as you journey hand in hand with Me, but do remember that I, your very-present Helper, am omnipotent (Thank you, Lord).
Much, much stress (seriously way too much stress lately) results from your wanting to make things happen before their times have come (husband? house?). One of the main ways I assert My sovereignty is in the timing of events (I need to let You). If you want to stay close to Me (I do) and do things My way, ask Me to show you the path forward moment by moment (please show me). Instead of dashing headlong toward your goal, let Me set the pace. Slow down, and enjoy the journey in My Presence." Read Romans 8:31; Psalm 46:1-3; Luke 1:37
awesome encouragement! :)
ReplyDelete