Annoyed. Disappointed. Discouraged. Frustrated.... my feelings, just to name a few.
I'm single. Not married. Unattached. I never thought that "my life," or anyone's life for that matter, is defined by marriage or singleness. To me, my current marital status is just that. Marital status. Not my life. Nor do I think that my married friends' lives are just that they are married. I think it makes more sense to think of it that way. Most of my friends are married, but their lives consist of so much more than their marriage. Surprise: Single people also have a life that consists of so much more than not being married.
And taking the other part of that conversation, my life is not my job. Yes, right now it's a HUGE aspect of my life. But that's the key. It's an aspect. It's not my life. The whole meaning behind the name of my blog is to remind me of all the things that I am, all the things that God has created me to be. He has created me to be a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a friend, a teacher, a dog-owner, a fitness instructor (lol). Yes, I spend a good deal of time at my job and doing things for my job. I don't do things half-heartedly, so if it requires more time, then yes, I'll put more time and effort into it. It's not my life though.
Which led me to thinking... what is my life? What is Christ calling my life to be? How do others see my life? How do I want my life to be defined?
I want my life to be love. What do you want yours to be?
tru dat. :)
ReplyDelete