11.11.2012

Thankfulness: Day 6 (Education)

November 6, Day 6: Education

I am thankful to have an education. While I am still paying for some of my schooling, it is amazing to think that I received my foundation of learning for free for 13 years. I know that I'm not brilliant, but I take pride in what I do know and continue to learn. I have been blessed by some incredible teachers. I thought it would be fun to go down memory lane and try to remember all of the teachers that I have had the privilege of knowing. I tried, but around junior high, all of the years starting flowing together. There are too many to remember!

This is where it all began: Wheelersburg Elementary School K-8. I am sad to say that this building is no longer in existence. I spent many days here even before and after I was a student in the school hanging out in my mom's classroom. 

Then came high school: Wheelersburg High School. Proud to be Pirate! Sadly, this building is no longer in existence either. I spent extra time here as well in my dad's classroom.

Next came 4 years of college at Asbury College (now University) where I studied elementary education. There are too many things to say here. It may end up getting it's own day of thankfulness. 

Last but not least: Ohio University (Southern) for my Master's of Education degree in educational leadership. 

Whew! I believe I am finished with my education, unless I come across a large sum of money or am forced to continue it for some reason. I am very grateful for the training that I received at all places. I am who I am today because of the people from within those buildings that challenged me, saw my potential, and pushed me to do my very best. I am thankful to have had the opportunity to learn and the ability to succeed. (That sounds like a graduation speech!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment