11.04.2012

Thankfulness: Day 3 (Rest)

November 3, Day 3: Rest


I am thankful for a day of rest. A sabbath. It has been a while since I have had a day with no agenda, no plans, no appointments. I spent day 3 in complete rest. Even though I am thankful for my job (as mentioned in Day 2), along with educating children comes being exposed to their germs. We had strep throat, pneumonia, sniffles, coughs, and sneezes all week and some of them found their way into my system. I was a little under the weather and spent the whole day resting. For that reason, I am thankful for the weekend to rest and relax a little.

I had a dirty house that needed cleaning, but I did not clean anything. I had laundry that needed done, but did none. I had school work that needed worked on, but did none of it. I wanted to go out with a friend, but I didn't really feel up to it. I just rested. I spent my day of resting doing enjoyable things that don't require much energy: spent quality quiet time with God, took a relaxing bath, watched movies, talked to my mom, painted my toenails and fingernails, paid bills, updated the blog, snuggled with the pup, and browsed Pinterest. It was a good day.

I am thankful for time to rest. I was able to give my body a rest and build up some energy. My sick symptoms seem worse today, yet I have some energy to get things done today. For that, I am thankful. 

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

*BONUS SIDE NOTE: I wrote this early this morning (extra hour of sleep + dog that didn't know that and awoke at 5:30 am) and was planning to not go to church this morning because of feeling pretty yucky. I took some maximum strength Mucinex D... made me feel SO much better. I quickly got ready and went to church.... guess what the sermon was about? Mary & Martha. Resting.

Heavenly Father, Teach my to number my days that I may grow in wisdom. Psalm 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment